What To Do After A Nashville Car Accident
4/13/2016 Car Accidents John Whitfield
Even the most experienced and cautious drivers can be involved in a car accident. Whether you are in a parking lot fender bender, or a highway sideswipe, it’s important to know what to do after a Nashville car accident.
- Check for injuries – Make sure you and your passengers are not seriously injured. If you are unsure if you sustained injuries, play it safe and call an ambulance.
- Move your vehicle out of traffic – For the safety of yourself and others, accidents should be moved off of the roadway as soon as possible. Make sure you put on your hazard lights to warn other motorists of your position.
- Call the police – Even in minor accidents, police can help determine fault, which helps speed up the filing of your insurance claim.
- Exchange information – Take a picture of the other driver’s license and insurance information. While handwritten copies are okay, paper can easily get lost; taking pictures on your phone will ensure you have their information easily accessible.
- Take pictures – Smartphones are great for taking pictures of the accident. Make sure to take pictures of any injuries you or your passengers have sustained as well as any damage to both vehicles. Other relevant pictures would include traffic signs, guardrails, or road conditions. Many auto insurance companies have smartphone apps that allow pictures to be uploaded from your phone for faster and more convenient claim filing.
Car accidents can leave you in a state of shock, regardless of the severity. Staying calm and keeping a cool head will help you get the necessary information for filing a claim, but you may also want to get the help of an attorney who can determine if the settlement you are offered for your damages is fair.
Nashville Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, the attorneys at Whitfield Bryson & Mason can help. We’ve helped scores of car accident victims get full compensation for their injuries and damages cause by another negligent driver. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case.